Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In a current state of pre-fall heaven.

As the excitement for the upcoming pre-fall collections arises, I find myself going straight to 3 designers who never seize to amaze me. Celine, Stella, and Jil. My obvious favorties. The Creme De La Creme's if you will. This season, Stella McCartney topped the cake, yet again. 3rd or 4th time in a row? I've lost count. While Pheobe Philo still has my heart, Stella McCartney keeps coming back stronger than ever. Her take on things is fresh and young, but still including classic details and staples. The wide range of colours, not bold- but soft and muted. The lines and shapes she uses are genius. She focuses on the clothes as being pieces of art, not pieces to expose a woman's body provocatively. She doesn't accentuate the bust line or the derriere, rather- she pulls the attention to the simple and elegant but femme lines of the female body. The fitted trousers, the oversized sweaters and jackets, placed on a feminine body, balance the line between too feminine and girly and masculine and boyish. The balance of the two come out perfectly. And who better to do this than Stella Herself. (By the way, is it weird if my heart rate rises drastically while looking at this collection? I hope not.)



























No comments:

Post a Comment